Procurement & Supply Chain Expert
About Remigues Mbagwu:
I am a supply chain professional with over eleven years experience. I have a proven ability to negotiate and execute complex multi-million-dollar contracts with operational excellence. I am an expert in material sourcing, purchase execution and material delivery.
Head, Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Tedxpeal Marine Services Limited, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
June 2023 - Present
- Create and manage the company’s supply chain strategy that meets business objectives and supports the competitive satisfaction of client’s needs.
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues
- Develop and enforce supply chain standard operating procedures that meet legal requirements and standards and ensures on-time delivery/just in time delivery (JIT).
- Establish, monitor, evaluate and report on units’ KPIs and suppliers KPIs
- Manage the procurement and supply chain operations, monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly, and maintain warehouse inventory and records towards meeting the organizational needs.
- Train and guide employees to better understand the full scope of their duties and performance requirement
- Discover and maintain the most cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
- Resolve issues that come up (e.g. delays in delivery, accidents)
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders, departments and partners to create coordinated plans for the smooth end-to-end flow of job activities and the actualization of business growth
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain (e.g. use of trucks, forklifts)
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to get the best pricing deal and land more profitable deals/ supply contracts
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, third-party logistics, supply, and price options to ensure alignment with relevant SLAs, SOPs. terms and requirements
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies and Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
Supervisor, Procurement & Supply Chain Management
VURIN Group, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
June 2022 – May 2023
- Responsible for the implementation of Procurement/Logistics related procedures, policies, including quality management and HSE rules for the organization, ensuing compliance with standards and regulations, import/export tariffs and documentation, trade and customs.
- Directly working with and supervising the procurement team, providing mentorship, guidance and trainings so as to reduce obsolescence, increase productivity and get value for money.
- Develop, implement, and manage sourcing strategies, procurement plans, purchase orders, third-party contracts and expediting strategies in line with the complexity of the materials, clients’ services requirement and risk exposure.
- Work with internal stakeholders to carry out bid analysis, review contract terms and conditions and make recommendations.
- Review joint recommendations by the team using the selected terms and conditions of sale to ensure purchasing/ supply chain best practices are in place.
- Initiate new procurement/supply chain systems as the need arises (process improvement) that enhances the progress of work.
- Have a track record of demonstrating a high professional ethics and responsible sourcing values by compliance to, promoting and enhancing ethical code of practices, international standards and regulations.
- Carry-out need and market analysis using appropriate tools and techniques to determine the best sourcing and purchasing strategy that meets business objectives.
- Analyze and review different types of technical specifications and drawings to ensure they meet the right performance, quality and safety level.
- Coordinate sourcing of RFQs, preparation of ITTs, evaluation and negotiations of bids and execution of contracts, in compliance with approved strategies and the Nigeria Local Content plans.
- Identify, prepare and deploy global knowledge, resources, software, tools and templates to enhance operations, improve process flow and capture value.
Bids, Tendering & Procurement Coordinator
VURIN Group, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
July 2019 –June 2022
- Establish and enforced tendering framework with guidelines to track key tender bid processes, milestones and deliverables from the bid team.
- Work with internal governance team members to review contract terms and conditions as well as subject matter experts opinions
- Developed costing tables and conduct financial analysis, commercial risk assessment and impact of the bid.
- Collate and compile tender documents from various internal and external parties or other business units within the tendering and contract process.
- Initiate approval process for bid submission and update stakeholders on the aspect of the bid as needed
- Conduct preliminary review of the client terms and condition of contract during the bidstage and follow-up with the SMEs review of the contract (Financial, risk management, legal, technical)
- Lead commercial and contract terms and conditions negotiation on a case to case basis.
- Responsible for high quality and timely submission of the proposal with other technical and financial documentation such as uploading all necessary documents on the portal for technical and price bids.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and co-ordinates responses to the customers inquires and/or clarifications.
- Followed up with Tenders/Quotations submitted to clients to ascertain status and improve chances for award.
- Participated in cost analysis of proposals and contracts to ensure smooth and profitable execution of orders
- Co-ordinated the provision of services, preparation of timely and accurate activities and performance reports
- Co-ordinate movement and delivery of items to ensure smooth delivery to clients
- Created and proposed value-enhancing services around existing product lines and/or offerings to clients.
- Developed and implemented new or improved sourcing and procurement processes and strategies.
- Carried out purchasing activities for different kinds of materials and equipment, ensuring best value through exploring different purchasing options, whilst complying with the company’s procurement strategy.
- Planed procurement processes, estimated timelines, prepared schedules and carried out other contract related analysis
- Worked with stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Developed, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including RFP responses
- Identified and developed new business through networking and follow-up courtesy calls, and maintained a healthy pipeline for future deals
- Leveraged expertise and relationships to influence purchasing decisions
- Responded to tender documents, proposals, bids, reports, and process vendor registration.
Senior Procurement Officer
VURIN Group, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
August 2015 – July, 2019
- Developed and managed relationships with clients through adequate interpretation and execution of their requirements.
- Was responsible for sourcing for, compiling, reviewing and processing RFQ’s, tenders (ITT) and Purchase Orders (POs) in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Effectively reviewed, bench-marked and negotiated vendor’s prices to ensure competitiveness and profitability.
- Participated in the creation and updating of the company’s database for all vendor-related information in fulfillment of the corporate business strategy/goals.
- Maintained data records, lessons learned and other tracking tools for the success of current and future projects.
- Prepared and communicated daily, weekly and monthly progress report to the line manager.
- Reviewed and evaluated contract documents and technical specifications to ensure the clarity of specifications and expectations as well as smooth and profitable execution.
- Participated in cost evaluation and analysis of proposals and contracts to ensure smooth and profitable execution of orders.
Deputy Manager, Technical Sales
Integrated Supply Chain Solutions, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
March 2015 – August, 2015
- Identified, developed and managed key accounts, business strategies and opportunities to ensure effective sales, target and profitability achievement.
- Identified ongoing and future projects and proposed appropriate products, articulating the benefits and usage of the products to buyers and end users.
- Generated proposals for maintenance, repair, installations projects and technical product purchase, and for engineering support service contracts.
- Built, strengthened and managed relationships with new and existing accounts to ensure consistent achievement of business development success and sales targets.
- Carried out regular intelligence for updated knowledge about the industry, competition and client needs.
- Regularly followed-up with clients and regulatory bodies such as NAPIMS, NIPEX, NCDMB, etc.
- Obtained regularly, updates on oil and gas industry activities, especially with DPR, NIMASA, etc.
- Regularly prepared and reported to line manager on plans and progress of sales and prospecting.
- Provided pre-sales technical assistance and after-sales support services for clients
- Made technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
Senior Technical Sales Engineer
R. T. Briscoe Nigeria PLC, Matori, Lagos, Nigeria May 2013- February 2015
- Identified and developed key accounts, business strategies and opportunities for our products.
- Formulated and implemented business plans and strategies for compressors and construction tools.
- Planed, organized and facilitated keyworkshops to promote company’s products.
- Delivered presentations on the features, benefits and competitive advantages of company’s products.
- Understood and interpreted customer’s needs, developed and proposed solutions, and ensured proposals, products and implementation of services met customer’s present and future needs.
- Identified and built close and professional business relationships with new and existing customers, developing productive relationship with decision makers and influencers.
- Prepared and communicated daily, weekly and monthly inquiry reports to the line manager.
- Provided technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Recommended improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production
Jacliz Nigeria Limited, Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria
May 2012 – February 2013
- Developed long-term relationships with new and existing clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements and providing solutions.
- Processed ITT, POs, contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Prepared RFQ and commercial evaluations templates for reviews and submission.
- Provided Pre-sales technical assistance and product education and after-sales support services
- Prepared weekly and monthly sales reports through analyzing quotation tracking sheets.
- Coordinated several sales projects and met regular sales targets
- Supported market activities by attending trade shows, conferences, seminars and other events.
- Made technical presentations and demonstrated how we provided solutions.
- Assisted the design engineers in the design of safety solutions for facilities
- Was responsible for overseeing the review, initiation and execution of contracts and tenders
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) - Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Equivalence – 1-year College Diploma- Procurement & Supply) …………………..2019 - 2020
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri - Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. (Equivalence – 4-year Bachelor’s Degree, specialized in Industrial Production) …………….2001 - 2006
- Methodist College, Uzuakoli, Abia State, Nigeria - (Equivalence: College Diploma – 2 years of study – pre-university training)………………………..1992 - 1998
Professionals who compete with Remigues
Professionals in the same Customer Service / Support sector as Remigues Mbagwu
Professionals from different sectors near Surulere, Surulere
Jobs near Surulere, Surulere
Elevated HR Limited Lagos Mainland, Nigeria
Sector: · (Waste & Environment Management) · We are looking to hire an experienced and resourceful General Manager to work with our client, a leading waste and resource management company based in Lag ...
TeacherOn Ikorodu, Nigeria Full time
Remember forex is not a day thing · It requires time and patience to learn hope you have all these ??? · A fast internet connection will go a long way for you also with a good smart phone . · Level: ...
Ascentech Services Limited Lagos, Nigeria Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · ABOUT US · Ascentech services ltd is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-t ...