This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Dependable Biology Teacher with over 4 years of teaching experience in Secondary School settings. Polished in curriculum development and providing detailed technology-aided lessons to help students gain well-rounded scientific education. In-depth knowledge of various teaching strategies, including active learning, cooperative learning and distance learning. Expertise in IT-enhanced science education.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Zoology (IN VIEW) 04/2017 - 2021
University of Ibadan, Oyo State. Nigeria
Bachelor of Science in Education
(B.Sc. Ed.) Biology Education 07/2010 - 02/2015
Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria 07/2017 - Present
(Federal Government Girls' College, Oyo)
EDUCATION OFFICER II (Biology Teacher)
- Established positive and encouraging relationship with students which helped to foster appreciation for biology and science.
- Prepare individualized lesson plans and manage electronic educational materials (3D animations) to facilitate active and equitable engagement of learners in productive tasks.
- Organize laboratory activities for optimum learning, including preparing lessons, discussions and student experiments that helps them develop their knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes for learning biology which has shown a tremendous increase in success rate in external examination performance (e.g. 99.8% pass rate in 2020 WAEC).
- Assessed submitted class assignments, determined grades and reviewed work with struggling students to boost success chance.
- Collaborated with guidance and counseling specialists to meet needs of students requiring extra support.
- Evaluate students' academic and social growth, kept appropriate records and prepared progress reports to gauge performance of over 40 students as a class teacher.
St. David’s Middle School, Ile-Ife 05/2015 - 05/2016
National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
Computer Studies Teacher
- Trained and developed students' skills in word-processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Tested and evaluated student progress to determine effectiveness and impact of teaching methods, materials and projects.
- Planned and implemented curriculum to teach up-to-date technology to 150 students.
- Taught correct hand placement for typing and basic computer skills.