This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
I am an international patient-focused registered nurse with over 5 years of experience in providing excellent patient care having worked in the emergency room, operating room and surgical wards. I have successfully sat and passed the IELTS and CBT have the decision letter to sit the OSCE and I wish to be part of your team bringing with me skills, knowledge and experience to provide evidence-based nursing care in accordance with the Nursing and midwifery (NMC) code.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Second Class Upper Division
Name of Institution: Babcock University Teaching Hospital.
Job Title: Registered Nurse.
Work Date: September, 2018 till Date.
Job Description: I work in the Surgical wards and operating room providing evidence-based nursing care.
- Prepare surgical patients for surgery using the surgical safety checklist.
- Ensure the operating room is ready for surgery. Furthermore, I assist the surgeon by handing over sterile equipment on demand during surgery.
- Assess and monitor surgical patients in the Post-anaesthesia care unit and on the ward including alerting physicians or charge nurses to changes in patient status, communicating with patients and their family members.
- Administer prescribed medications and perform wound dressing.
- Monitor and document patients’ conditions using computerized documentation systems.
Name of Institution: Lagoon Hospital, Ikeja Lagos.
Job Title: Staff Nurse/Midwife.
Work Date: March, 2016 to August, 2018.
Job Description: worked at the Emergency room providing prompt nursing care to patients in critical conditions.
- Assessed and monitored patient vital signs upon entrance to the emergency room.
- Applied expertise in triaging of patients on arrival at the ER during initial phases of acute illness or trauma.
- Monitored ER patients, including alerting physicians or charge nurses to changes in patient status, communicating with patients and their family members in a variety of traumatic situations.
- Collected and reviewed patient symptoms to assist doctors with diagnosis.
- Accurately maintained patient charts and updated electronic charting system daily.
- Performed medical procedures, such as EKG, venipuncture, cardiac monitoring, taking vital signs, urinalysis, or administering medications.